Monday, March 12, 2018

Ankles

Last Friday, my 14 year old son twisted his ankle at a morning track practice. He came home and stayed in bed, propping his ankle up most of the day.
Late afternoon, I realized we hadn't prayed for healing, which we normally do if someone is sick or injured.
We prayed that Jesus would make Himself real to my son and rock him, those exact words. Nothing fancy, nothing dramatic.
At first my son said he had some relief so we prayed again. This time he moved his ankle around, it made a loud pop. He laughed, got up, and ran out of the room!

It occurred to me that God wants people to be able to do what they enjoy.
So, painting, sports, writing, etc. Satan wants to keep us from doing things were gifted to do and things we enjoy. We should do these things, giving glory to God.

My son loves sports. Satan would love to keep him from performing. God is greater, though.

I love to write. I struggle with debilitating headaches and can't think when I feel like this.
God has taken the headache away sometimes but they return at a later time.
This has no relevance whether God loves me or not. I don't know why sometimes He takes the headaches away and other times He doesn't. When He doesn't, I take a prescription medicine and have not guilt about it.

Why does He heal some and not others? I don't know. I do know Jesus healed all that came to Him. I believe this is still the nature of God today. We just aren't seeing it...yet.

Maybe tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment